Who is LRI?
Land Recovery, Inc. (LRI) was formed in 1977 following a decision by the Pierce County Board of County Commissioners to privatize the County's solid waste disposal system. Until 1977, the Pierce County Public Works Department operated the Hidden Valley (Thun Field) Landfill on property leased from a private developer.
The owners of four privately owned garbage haulers, then operating in Pierce County, formed LRI to acquire Hidden Valley from its private owner and take over operations of the landfill from the Public Works Department. Pierce County entered into disposal contracts with LRI initially in 1977.
Land Recovery Inc. became Pierce County Recycling, Composting and Disposal, LLC dba LRI in 2001.
LRI Services to and for Pierce County
- Owns and operates the LRI Landfill located at 30919 Meridian Street East in unincorporated Pierce County
- Owns and operates the Hidden Valley Transfer Station and Compost Factory located at 17925 Meridian Street East in unincorporated Pierce County
- Manages post-closure compliance activities at the Hidden Valley and Purdy Landfills, in partnership with Pierce County and the Tacoma- Pierce County Health Department
- Operates four County-owned transfer stations and the County-owned compost facility under contract with Pierce County
- Provides disposal services under contract with the City of Tacoma
- Only authorized to accept materials generated within Pierce County
LRI is proud to be one of the best landfill and recycling operations in the Pacific Northwest. We are proud of our accomplishments and of the spirit of cooperation within our company and also with all those we associate with. We value our positive relationships with our customers and Pierce County government. We believe our relationships have made us a success.
Related LinksWaste Connections, Inc.
DM-Recycling and American Portable Storage
LeMay Mobile Shredding
Silver Springs Organics
Tacoma Recovery & Transfer Center (formerly Tacoma Landfill)
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
Washington State Department of Ecology
Pierce County Public Works and Utilities
Pierce County Responds
Puget Sound Clean Air Agency
Who is Waste Connections, Inc.?
Waste Connections. Inc. (WCI) is a publicly traded company headquartered in Folsom, CA. The company's strategic objective is to build a leading solid waste services company in secondary markets in the United States focusing on Customer Service excellence and the utilization of improved technology to enhance efficiency within the markets they serve. The company has rapidly expanded and now has operations throughout the United States.