LRI Hidden Valley Transfer/ Compost/ Recycle
At this site there is a transfer station, a recycling center, a
compost factory, and the Leachate plant.
- The Hidden Valley Transfer Station is a fully enclosed and covered, 1½-acre facility allowing residential customers to unload their garbage free from the weather elements.
- The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Facility is located inside the Hidden Valley Transfer Station.
- The Recycling Center at Hidden Valley provides self-haul customers the opportunity to recycle their sorted recyclable materials before entering the disposal site.
- The Compost Factory produces a high quality compost called P.R.E.P. (Pierce County Recycled Earth Products). It provides extensive capacity for processing organic wastes into products at a competitive price.
- The Leachate Plant processes the liquid that has leached from the landfill contents. The leachate flows through several steps of treatment that improves its safety before being able to dispose into the county sewer system.
For your safety, please follow these guidelines when visiting our facilities:
- Turn off your cell phone
- Keep children and pets in vehicle
- No smoking
- Watch for moving vehicles
- Use extreme caution
- Follow directions from station staff
- Please limit unloading time to 30 minutes maximum
Please click on the area of interest above to learn more about these facilities and view acceptable materials as well as other guidelines and information.
Household Hazardous Waste Hours
Tuesday – 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm
Thursday – 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm
PUYALLUP, WA, 98373
New Years Day
- Waste Processing & Transfer Stations
- Waste Separation & Recycling
- Materials Recovery Facility or MRF
- Green Waste Processing & Composting
- Household Hazardous Waste