LRI Purdy Transfer
This site is a transfer station for commercial and household waste.
For rates, please see our Rates page.
The Pierce County composting facility is also located here. We are producers of a high quality compost called P.R.E.P. (Pierce County Recycled Earth Products). It provides extensive capacity for processing organic wastes into products at a competitive price. The environmental and management controls built into the Compost Factory assure that this compost facility can be a good neighbor with the community that generate these wastes, and demand these products.
For your safety, please follow these guidelines when visiting our facilities:
- Un-tarp your load prior to crossing the scales. Due to limited space, un-tarping in the transfer building is a safety hazard
- Turn off your cell phone
- Keep children and pets in vehicle
- No smoking
- Watch for moving vehicles
- Use extreme caution
- Follow directions from station staff
- Please limit unloading time to 30 minutes maximum
GIG HARBOR, WA, 98335
New Years Day
- Waste Processing & Transfer Stations
- Green Waste Processing & Composting